THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Get Off The Phone

Came across a pretty dim person the other day.  It was snowing outside, and there was probably only an inch or two on the ground.  However, it was very slick, and drivers had to be cautious.  There was a young woman, early twenties in the lane just to my left and probably 3-4 car lengths ahead of me.
I watched as she attempted to merge to her left, and then her car began to spin.  It spun until it completed 180 degree turn and had gone into the oncoming traffic lanes.  When I looked at her, I expected there to be a look of relief, but instead, all I saw was her continuing to gab away on her cell phone.  She then proceeded to just turn around and continue on her merry way.  All the while, she never let that cell phone slip from her ear.
Now, I'm sure it was a very important conversation, but she needed to hang up and say, "I'll call you back when I get to work."  Too many people these days are attached to their cell phones, and they have absolutely no idea how erratically they drive when they are talking.  To them, they think they are the best drivers in the world.  Never mind the 3 cars they ran off the road!  People, if you are a car cell phone talker, hang it up, and quit endangering everyone else's lives!

0 comments: